Thursday, January 20, 2011

STD X SAMPLE QUESTIONS SOLVED

Read the following lines from the poem 'Light the Lamp of Thy Love' and answer the following questions:-


Touch me but once and I will change
All my clay into Thy gold
All the sense lamps that I did light
Sooted into worries
Sitting at the door of my soul
Light Thy resurrecting lamp!


1.  Who is the speaker ?
2.   Mention two things the speaker wants God to do for him.
3.   What does the poet mean by sense lamps?
4.   Pick out an instance of alliteration.
Answers
1.   The devotee is the speaker.
2.   The speaker requests to God  to light the lamp of  love  in  his heart and to transform him into a better person.
3.  The poet means the five senses of eyes(sight),ears(hearing), nose(smell),tongue(taste) and skin(touch).
     4.  Lamps and light ; sitting and soul    

This post is contributed to the blog by:
Helen Joys
H.S.A. English
St. Mary's H.S. Palliport

1 comment: