Friday, January 28, 2011

ORUKKAM SOLVED - DIARY-ENTRY

1.   Lucia was greatly troubled at the sight of her younger brothers who work hard to save her life.  She was much worried about them. But she had none to express her feelings.  So she notes down her thoughts in her diary.  Write the possible diary entry.

Date.....
     Oh! what a pity! My brothers have to work so hard at such a young age.  They are unable to go to school. They  sell fruits and newspapers. They shine shoes and show tourists around the town. They run errands too.  They never take rest-- all because of me! Oh! when will I get well?!! When can I walk - and sing ?!! I know they are longing to see me walk and sing too.  Oh! God hear my prayers - make me get well soon and take care of my loving brothers...

2. Swami's father is worried about the way the boy is being brought up. He makes a diary entry showing his anxiety. Write the possible diary entry.

Date......
      I am really worried about the upbringing of my son, Swami.  My mother is pampering him too much.  He is afraid of darkness.  I want him to be a courageous boy.  That is why I told him to sleep alone in my office-room.  But he went and slept beside his granny as usual.  His mother and granny together are really spoiling him.  My wife puts all the blame on my mother.  She doesn't  look after him at all.  I don't know what is in store for him! I'm helpless.  I don't have the time to take care of his needs.  I'm so worried about him...


3. Imagine that Helen wrote her exciting experiences of the second day of her imagined eyesight in her diary. Write the likely diary.
Date.....

   Today was such a wonderful day.  First, I experienced the beauty of the sunrise.  Then I saw the pageant of man's progress, the Kaleidoscope of the ages.  The art of the ages was  a beautiful sight.  I tried to probe into the soul of man through his art.  The evening spent at the theatre  was such a wonderful experience.  I just can't forget the actions and expressions of the characters of the play . I wish I would regain my eyesight permanently.  I don't want to loose my eyesight. Oh! God help me..

4. Nicola was really moved by the help given by the author and records it in her diary. What could he have recorded?

Date......

   Mr.A. J Cronin was such a good friend.  He was watching us carefully and appreciating us.  For any help, he would call us. We showed  him  the places  around the town- we ran errands  for him. Wherever we are -  he would appear like an angel. He wanted to know why we are working so hard.  But it is a great secret.  We did not tell him.  He agreed to drive us to Poleta. He dropped us there and waited till we returned . He is really such a good person.  I miss him so much.....

No comments:

Post a Comment