Monday, February 7, 2011

GRAMMAR - PRESENT CONTINUOUS

Examples:-
1.  I'm tired. I'm going to bed now .Goodnight!
2.  We can go out now.  It isn't raining any more.
3.  You  are making a lot of noise. Could you be quieter?
4.  Alice has just started morning classes.  She is learning French.
5.  I want to lose weight, so this week I am not eating lunch.

Activity  1
Complete the following sentences using the correct form of  the verbs given in brackets:-

1.  The population of the world .................(rise)  very fast.
2.   Ken is still ill but he ...............(get)  better slowly.
3.   The world  ...............(change).  Things never stay the same.
4.   The cost of living ..............(increase). Every year things are more expensive.
5.   Is anybody .......(listen) to the radio or can I turn it off?

No comments:

Post a Comment